Monday, August 4, 2014

New Song Sleeping Tiger

We are in the studio working on a new song called the Sleeping Tiger. Very theatrical sounding song.
Working with Jesse Fullbright on this 2nd CD I have to say is a huge blessing on so many levels.
I have worked with tons of musicians over the years. And even as talented as most are. At times it can be very tough explaining your vision in a song. And begin to bring it to life. Sometimes it feels like trying to describe the color blue over the phone to someone..

So most the time in the past I would fall on depending on myself to play every instrument on the song. From Guitar to keyboards to Bass to Drums.. I for sure wouldn't try and sing. I think my voice sounds like someone is trying to beat the heck out of a seagull with a set of bag pipes. :-)

Thank God we have Jake Aiuto to cover all of the vocals.

But back to what I was saying. Working with Jesse is such a blessing.. He is like a mini me.. This guy hears and sees in my brain every single time we work on a section of music. I can be a bit over picky at times when it comes to sound and music. Making it very hard for someone to work with me at times..
Not that I am a jerk in the studio or anything like that. But I will reject music that I don't seem to think it fits the overall vision of the song. Meaning coming up with something cool is one thing. But does it help the story is another thing is my point.

Working with Jesse its like I can say hey look at the words in this section.. How can we support those words with the right tone, instrument, melody, rhythm, or what ever it needs, I know what I hear in my head but what do you hear in your head? And it never fails its like Jesse can read my mind.. He nails the vision I have in my head 100% of the time. That is a true God send and a blessing for me.

The song the sleeping tiger we are currently writing is about in October 1976 some Israeli soldiers had walked into a mine field in the middle of the night... when they realized they was stuck and could not move forward or go back. God caused a massive wind that moved the sand and uncovered 1000's of land mines. The moon peak through the clouds. And the soldiers could see every single mine.

This song Jesse was able to paint the opening vision using the G Harmonic minor scale.. it truly added the drama and tension this song needed.. Keep checking back we might add a sneak a peek to the song or studio video while we work on it

Robert Jamason


No comments:

Post a Comment