Thursday, August 7, 2014

Music Industry and lack of sleep

I miss the days when it was hours and hours playing music and writing new songs. Seems I am spending more hours in front of a computer wheeling and dealing selling the last CD we wrote...

Record label lack of communication can drive you crazy. The hunger to get back in the studio and write more music for the 2nd CD nagging at you like crazy. But dealing with A&R rep that has zero and I mean zero communication skills will drive you nuts.. Causing even more lack of sleep when you have so many questions because your hungry to get busy.. but don't want to get busy in fear of what if it was a waist of time? I hate the hurry up and wait mode.. I am the kind of guy that every hour in the day must count for something.

But the great thing is where I see light at the end of the tunnel... Is I have been talking to a new A&R rep and I have to say this lady is truly amazing on ever level you can think of..We are in serious hopes we can strike a deal with her by next week... If we do the Robert Jamason Project might become a thing of the past... We will be forming a full band called Succor... Just kind of a hint of whats going on.. this is a short blog for the day.. kind of as short as the sleep I have been getting this past week

I will keep you posted as new news arrives.
Robert Jamason
Hands That Heal CD
www.rjamason.com

No comments:

Post a Comment